- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- other chopped veggies of your choice
- taco seasoning (2 packets worth - i have a great homemade recipe I need to share
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix- make your own!!
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and taco seasoning over medium heat until met is no longer pink; drain. Spread into a greased 9-ix13. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk; mix well. Pour over the cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Taco Corn Fritters- modified from Laura at Heavenly Homemakers the links here are Laura's
1/2- 1 pound cooked hamburger meat seasoned with taco seasoning mix ( with veggies added in)
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
3/4 cup masa (corn flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups frozen or canned corn
Brown hamburger meat and add taco seasoning mix to taste. Mix together remaining ingredients, stirring in the seasoned meat.
Mix everything together or just mix cornmeal. Scoop into muffin tins. If you didn't miz the meat into the corn batter scoop 1/2 full, make a divit, add taco meat, then scoop more corn meal on top (or so 18 scoops of batter, 18 scoops of meat and 18 more scoops batter.
Bake at 350* or till done for 20 or so minutes.
Serve with salsa and sour cream. Also great with chili or a western salad.