Saturday, January 16

Apostle Paul's prediction about food.

While I was reading my cook book during breakfast this morning I rean across this in the margin.

1 Timothy 4:1-3 However, the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will turn away from the faith, addicting themselves to seducing spirits, and to teaching lies in hypocrisy; burning up their own conscience; hindering marriage; abstaining from foods with God created to be consumed by the faithful, and recognizers of the truth.

I like the NKJV better. I included verse 4 too.
"Now the Spirit expressly said that in the latter times some will depart form the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is  sanctified by the word of God and prayer. "

If that is not a commentary on life right now where I live and in my time, I don't really want to know what it would be like, though I can see it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment